At the OCB Figure Competition

At the OCB Figure Competition
Leslie celebrates completion of her first competition!

Leslie's Story in Brief...

46-year-old breast cancer survivor

diagnosed in March 2009

final surgery on June 4, 2010

Professor of Health and Exercise Science at Rowan University

Pastor's wife (of Stuart Spencer, Thompson Memorial Presbyterian Church in New Hope, PA)

Mother of Sam (age 12) and Miles (age 7)

Trained all through chemotherapy and radiation

Completed her first body building competition EVER on August 28, 2010!!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

IDEA Fitness Journal article

The January 2011 issue of the IDEA Fitness Journal features a story by columnist Ryan Halvorson on my breast-cancer-to-bodybuilding story.  It focuses on the work that my trainer, Domenick Salvatore, did with me to help me rehabilitate from surgery and treatment and move forward with training. 

I have a PDF of the story and some photos.  Email me at spencer@rowan.edu if you want a copy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your email id. Will soon write you a mail. :)
    Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete